Address Concerns About Misinformation and Disinformation
The spread of false, inaccurate, or misleading information—on social media and through other channels—can affect COVID-19 vaccine confidence. Health misinformation and disinformation have spread at unprecedented speed and scale in recent years, especially online. It is possible to limit the reach and impact of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation and disinformation by identifying trending content and effectively sharing clear, accurate, evidence-based information.
- Help patients understand the difference between misinformation (not intentionally focused on misleading others) and disinformation (created and spread with malicious intent).
- The U.S. Surgeon General considers health misinformation and disinformation urgent threats to public health.
- Monitor social media and other resources in your community to be ahead of emerging misinformation and disinformation trends.
Information for Pharmacy Teams
Watch APhA’s open forum webinar COVID-19 Myth vs. Fact: Vaccine Hesitancy to learn how to recommend COVID-19 vaccines to the patients you serve and how to navigate vaccine hesitancy.
Listen to APhA’s podcast on COVID-19 Vaccine Myths and Facts
to hear a pharmacist dispel why some of the most common myths about the COVID-19 vaccines are incorrect.
Utilize APhA’s conversation guide for learning how to effectively talk with patients and address their specific concerns:
- Addressing COVID-19 Vaccine Misinformation and Disinformation
- Understanding the “COVID Skeptics”
- Addressing COVID-19 Vaccine Myths
- Identifying Credible Information About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Addressing COVID-19 Vaccine Misunderstandings
Check out APhA’s Quick Tip videos for suggestions from pharmacists addressing these questions surrounding vaccine confidence:
Information for Patients
Connect your patients to Vaccine Answers With a Personal Touch
for science-based answers to their COVID questions 24/7. This trusted AI guide will engage visitors in a one-on-one conversation about their concerns.
Share APhA’s patient brochure on COVID-19 Vaccine Myths vs. Facts
that reviews the different types of COVID-19 vaccines available and answers some questions commonly asked by patients about the safety and accessibility of the vaccines.