Community Outreach Tools
Pharmacists can connect with their community through partnerships with public health, faith-based organizations, colleges and schools, and other community organizations.
Consider reaching out to your:
- Local health department
- City hall
- Schools and colleges
- Recreation centers
- Places of worship
Open Forum Webinar: Public Health Partnerships in Practice
March 4 – Access the Slides
Hear from pharmacists who have partnered with public health efforts in their communities to increase COVID-19 vaccination, reaching underserved and high-risk patient populations.
Listen to Success Stories
Hear how pharmacists nationwide are reaching patients in their community to increase vaccination rates.
- Acknowledge the role of long-standing systemic health and social inequities.
- Make vaccine confidence visible to help build social norms.
- Use trusted messengers to share clear, credible communication.
- Develop frequent community engagement activities.
- Engage people across multiple channels.
- Build new partnerships.
- Think about other community spaces.
- Reach out to media outlets that serve specific communities.
- Consider how vaccine access and demand issues intersect.